Our CEO Samuel Vetrak has presented the latest trends in student housing, micro-living and co-living during Covid-19 as well as outlined possible scenarios of the asset class’ further performance on the webinar organised by Real Asset Investment Briefings (Tuesday, 28 April).
Based on intelligence collected by BONARD from dozens of industry interviews held in the recent weeks and latest industry data available, Samuel and his team has identified 6 key market trends:
* 2020 demand expected to decrease, driven more by domestic students
* Unstoppable globalisation: more mobility, flexibility and renting
* Studying and renting is more on demand in and after economic recessions
* Student housing counter-cyclical asset class: more investor demand & competition?
* Time for opportunistic investors
* Student housing 3rd most on demand asset class in Asia
Later on, Samuel was joined by other industry experts Rainer Nonnengaesser (International Campus), Douglas Edwards (Corestate Capital) and Phillip Hillman (JLL) who picked up on key points made by Samuel and discussed the biggest opportunities as well as challenges going forward.
The presentation is available for download, please click below to request it. If you wish to learn more about our data and research capacity in alternative and rented residential segments, please write us here.